This is an important document and has some significant changes over the old version which is withdrawn. Key changes include:
- Updates to accommodate new legislation;
- New and revised standards published since 2001 e.g. BS EN 81-80;
- Improved safety procedures for working in a lift pit;
- The inclusion of information on occasions where there is more than one person working;
- Information on working on machine-room-less lift installations;
- The inclusion of recommendations for electrical working
These changes have been the subject of presentations at a LEIA Technical Seminar and LEIA Safety Forum. The Technical Seminar included a valuable presentation from the HSE giving an insight into the importance of the provisions within BS 7255 and how the HSE use such a document to benchmark industry’s activities.